- Get A Great Logo. Place it everywhere.
- Write Down Your Brand Messaging. What are the key messages you want to communicate about your brand? Every employee should be aware of your brand attributes.
- Integrate Your Brand. Branding extends to every aspect of your business how you answer your phones, what you or your salespeople wear on sales calls, your e-mail signature, everything.
- Create A "Voice" For Your Company That Reflects Your Brand. This voice should be applied to all written communication and incorporated in the visual imagery of all materials, online and off.
- Develop A Tagline. Write a memorable, meaningful and concise statement that captures the essence of your brand.
Design Templates And Create Brand Standards For Your Marketing Materials. Use the same color scheme, logo placement, look and feel throughout. You don't need to be fancy, just consistent.
- Be True To Your Brand. Customers won't return to you or refer you to someone else if you don't deliver on your brand promise.
- Be Consistent. Staying consistent is the most important thing you can do! If you can't do this, your attempts at establishing a brand will fail.